Eggs are simple yet tasty food that you can cook within seconds to soothe your hunger. There are so many ways to make eggs: you can fry them, scramble them, boil them, make omelets, and many other dishes that you will enjoy. However, sometimes you are stuck with an option of reheating your old egg dish, and you want to do it so that the eggs are equally tasty, delicious, and taste fresh, just like the first day. This is where this question, “can you reheat eggs?” comes in.
The simple answer to this question is, yes, you can reheat them very quickly. However, suppose you are to retain the freshness, deliciousness, and taste in them. In that case, you have to reheat them in a particular way, following some simple method based on the dish and going through the step-by-step process carefully.
Below is a detailed guide on how you can reheat various kinds of eggs in the simplest way to give you fantastic results.
Table of Contents
Reheat Different Kinds of Eggs:
There are many ways to make egg dishes: however, the quick ones are when you boil them, scramble or fry them. Based on the type of egg you want to reheat, there are different kinds of methods that you can use to reheat them professionally.
How to Reheat Boiled Eggs?
Boiling eggs is probably the easiest thing to do when you are hungry and want to satisfy your hunger instantly. Besides, the best thing about boiled eggs is that they are done immediately, and you can store them in your refrigerator for several days; and they will stay fresher.
Reheating boiled eggs in a microwave is a great idea; it’s simple too, but the risk is that the egg might explode in there during the process: you wouldn’t want that, of course. So what to do? The best thing to do to avoid this happening to you is you use boiled water to reheat them.
If you don’t know how to do it, we have got you. The below-mentioned simple steps will help you do it the right way. Following the below steps will help you avoid any exploding effect in your microwave, and you will get your boiled eggs warmed up, that you can enjoy eating any time.
What will you need?
- Boiled eggs
- Boiling water
- Microwave-safe plate/dish
- Paper towel
Following are the steps that you are required to follow:
- Put your egg in the microwave-safe bowl
- Boil water separately on the stove or in the microwave.
- Put your boiled egg in this boiling water in a way that is surrounded by it.
- Cover the egg with a paper towel.
- Let the egg be in boiled water for about 10-15 minutes until it is nicely warmed up.
- When it’s done, peel it and enjoy eating.
Even though this heating process takes a lot of time, it Is considered one of the safest and most convenient methods to reheat your boiled eggs. In addition, this method keeps you from getting into the messy blasting of your boiled eggs in the microwave.
Also, this method keeps you at ease with the reheating process. You can keep the eggs for reheating in the boiled water, and while they are reheating, you can do some other chores also.
How to Reheat Boiled Eggs in the Microwave?
It might be a good option, but it is not highly recommended. However, if you still want to use the microwave for reheating, you can follow these steps to avoid any mishap.
- Peel the eggs
- Wrap them in the paper towel
- Place them in a microwave-safe dish
- Keep the dish in the microwave and heat the eggs for about 10-15 seconds.
Note: Keeping the time intervals at short increments of 15-30 seconds would suffice to get your eggs warmed up better and easier. It will keep you from experiencing egg explosion.
Methods of Reheating Fried Eggs:
Some people like eating fried eggs, but they are difficult to make as the yolk often gets broken during the frying process. However, reheating the fried eggs is a bit quite simple and easy compared to frying them.
Frying the eggs in oil, butter, or grease is an easier way to preserve them and keep them moist for a longer term. In addition, the oil and grease enhance the flavor of the eggs and prevent them from drying and becoming rubbery.
Fried eggs are easier to heat in the oven, microwave, or on the stove. The most recommended method of all three is using the stovetop; however, we will guide you through all three processes in detail for your convenience.
Here we go with our step-by-step guide on reheating fried eggs in the oven, microwave, and stovetop.
How to Reheat Fried Eggs in the Oven?
Reheating fried eggs in the oven is simpler and more manageable. Follow these below-given simple steps to complete the reheating process successfully and enjoy eating the eggs.
What You Will Need?
To reheat fried eggs in the oven, you will need the following things:
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking oil
- Baking pan
- Eggs turning rubbery
- Fried eggs
Following is the step-by-step guide that you need to follow to avoid facing any hassles during the process:
- Put a layer of cooking oil in the baking pan after lining it with aluminum foil.
- Put the fried eggs in the baking pan and cover them with foil. This will ensure to hold in the moisture.
- After you have completed these steps, bake your eggs for about 10-15 minutes. Keep in mind that you are not cooking the eggs; you are just heating them, so checking them after 10-15 minutes is a must.
- If your eggs are done, you can enjoy eating them but if you feel they still need heating, keep them inside the oven for another 5-10 seconds until you feel them thoroughly warmed up according to your requirement.
Reheating fried eggs in an oven is a simple process, but you must be very careful while carrying out the process. Meaning that fried eggs can be of so many types; over medium, sunny side up, over hard, and over easy, so you need to take care while handling them.
How to Reheat Fried Eggs in the Microwave?
The next option for you is to reheat your eggs in the microwave. It is also more straightforward to carry out the process. However, before starting the process, prepare the following things:
- Microwave-safe plate
- Fried eggs
- Eggs turning rubbery
- Damp paper towel
Here is how you will reheat your fried eggs in the Microwave:
- Put the fried eggs on the plate, and cover the eggs with a damp paper towel. It will keep the moisture in the eggs and keep them always delicious to eat and enjoy even after reheating.
- Put the egg carrying plate into the oven and reheat it for about 25 seconds to 2 minutes. The time for reheating depends entirely upon how hot you want your eggs to be.
Note: To ensure that your eggs are not overheated, keep checking on them after every 30 seconds. You never should overheat your fried eggs, especially if there is still running yolk inside them.
Can you Reheat Sunny-side-up Eggs?
Yes, you can reheat the sunny side up eggs in many ways, but the most recommended way to do it is to use the microwave. Following are some steps you should follow while reheating the sunny side up eggs in the Microwave:
- Line the microwave-safe plate with butter after reheating it for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Put your eggs on the plate, put them in the microwave, and heat it for about 30-45 seconds.
Note: The most recommended way is to check your eggs after the intervals of every 30 seconds. If you find them sufficiently heated, you can take them out to enjoy eating. If not, place them for another 25-30 seconds until they are done.
- Keep the reheated eggs aside for about 30-60 seconds to ensure they won’t explode when you cut them for eating.
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs?
Among all other types of eggs, scrambled eggs are thought to be the easiest to reheat. There are the following methods of reheating the scrambled eggs:
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave?
- Take a rounded or slightly deeper container and place the eggs in it.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and +microwave for 20 seconds.
- After 20 seconds, check your scrambled eggs by stirring them with a fork and see if they are heated enough. If not, microwave them for another 20 seconds.
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs in the Oven?
- Prepare a dish by coating a layer of cooking oil and place your scrambled eggs in it.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake them for about 20 minutes.
- While heating them for about 20 minutes, keep checking on them by stirring them repeatedly.
- When they are done, take them out and enjoy eating them.
How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs on the Stovetop?
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat and add the scrambled eggs.
- Cook the eggs for 5 minutes on low to medium heat while keeping the pan covered.
- Remove the lid, check the temperature, and check if they are done.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to reheat soft-boiled eggs?
Reheating soft-boiled eggs is the same as reheating the boiled eggs. However, the most recommended way is not to use the microwave for the process, instead use boiling water to prevent the eggs from breaking apart.
What temperature is best suited to reheat eggs?
The temperature requirement depends significantly upon the types of eggs you want to reheat and the equipment you use for the process. Based on these things, the average calculated temperature for reheating the eggs is about 30 seconds to 20 minutes.
How to reheat scrambled eggs in the oven?
To reheat the scrambled eggs in the oven, keep them in an oven-safe dish while coting a layer of butter underneath. Afterward, heat them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Based on the type of eggs you want to heat, the methods mentioned above are simple and most authentic to go for. If you follow all the steps carefully, you are unlikely to go wrong with the process.