Panini is an Italian delicacy that everyone loves. However, it is not easy for a single person to eat a whole panini in one sitting. Therefore, you are often left with leftover panini. The problem is that most people consider that panini and other sandwiches can’t be reheated. However, it is untrue! This article will show you how to reheat a panini sandwich. So, now you can come home with your leftover panini and enjoy it later.
Table of Contents
How to Store Sandwiches?
Before we jump into how to reheat panini, it is best to store it first properly. A properly stored panini can last for 2 to 4 days without going bad. The secret behind properly reheated panini is that it is refrigerated rather than frozen.
Refrigerate your Panini:
It is a well-known fact that frozen sandwiches and paninis don’t taste fresh. Therefore, the best way to store leftover panini is to refrigerate it. It will stay good for up to 4 days and will taste fresh whenever you decide to reheat it.
- If the panini is still hot, leave it on the kitchen shelf till it cools to room temperature.
- First, wrap the leftover panini in wax paper or parchment.
- Place the wrapped panini in a Ziplock bag or with a plastic sheet.
- Finally, put the double wrapped panini in an air-tight container and put it in the fridge.
If you think frozen panini will remain fresh for longer, then you are wrong. In fact, frozen panini will lose its taste within a single day. Moreover, frozen panini will become soggy when reheated. Therefore, it is best only to store leftover panini in the fridge using the double wrapping method.
How to Reheat a Panini?
The main ingredient of a panini sandwich is baked bread. This bread is very sensitive and can become soggy very easily. Therefore, you can reheat panini only by two methods, i.e., oven and stovetop. There is a third method, but it is prohibited and only to be used under survival situations. If you try to reheat your leftover panini by any other method, chances are you will completely ruin your food.
Reheating Panini using an Oven:
The best way to reheat panini is to use the same method it was cooked the first time. Panini bread is very delicate and thus requires consistent heating for 5 to 2 minutes. This can only be ensured by using the oven method to reheat the Starbucks panini. There are many different types of oven; the best ones are the toaster oven and conventional oven. These ovens ensure that your panini stays fresh during the reheating process, and none of the sides are left cold or become overcooked.
- Preheat the oven all the way to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Normally, preheating a conventional oven takes about 8 to 10 minutes, toaster oven preheats in 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the panini bread with butter on both sides. This will ensure that your panini stays crispy and fresh.
- Don’t cover the baking dish with aluminum foil or any other covering.
- Put the panini on the baking pan and let it cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- To prevent overcooking, keep checking the panini and take it out as soon as the internal temperature hits 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can also improve the panini by adding slices of cheddar the panini. Secondly, eat the panini while it is still hot and don’t let it get cold, or else it will become hard.
Reheating Panini on the Stovetop:
The second possible way to reheat panini is the stovetop method. This method is suitable if you don’t have access to a conventional or toaster oven in your kitchen. Moreover, it is a simple process and doesn’t require kitchen expertise. Moreover, the stovetop method makes your panini crispy and fresh within a few minutes.
- Take a grill pan or skillet and lightly grease it with butter or spray some olive oil.
- Place the skillet on the stovetop and turn on the flame with medium to low heat.
- Don’t let the pan preheat for more than 30 seconds, or else your panini will start frying instead of reheating.
- Place the panini directly in the pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side.
Reheating panini on the stovetop requires only 3-5 minutes. So, be quick to turn and judge the panini.
Beware of the Microwave!
The most dreaded method to reheat panini is the microwave. It makes your panini soggy and tasteless. It would be best if you only considered microwave as an option in case of apocalypse. Otherwise, stay away from the microwave and only use the stovetop or oven method to reheat the panini sandwich.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to reheat a panini sandwich?
You can easily reheat leftover panini using either the stovetop or oven method.
How to reheat a grilled panini?
The grilled panini is already crispy on the outside. The best way to reheat grilled panini is to brush it with butter and reheat it in a grill pan on the stovetop for 3 to 5 minutes.
Fresh market peri-peri chicken panini how to reheat?
Put some butter on a pan and place it on the stovetop with medium flame. Place the panini in the pan and reheat for 30 seconds on each side. The whole process takes approximately 3 minutes.
By now, you know all the best ways to reheat a panini sandwich without ruining its fresh taste. Moreover, the secret to keeping your panini fresh is to double wrap it and refrigerate it for less than two days.