Waffles toasted in cinnamon and covered with sugar are called cinnamon toast waffles. It is common practice to accompany them with butter, syrup, and occasionally with other toppings such as whipped cream or fruit. Cinnamon Toast Waffles are a common item served for breakfast, but they are equally delicious when eaten as a snack or even as dessert.
You are in for a real treat if you have never had Cinnamon Toast Waffles! Cinnamon and sugar impart an irresistible taste to these waffles, which have a crisp outside and a tender inside. Believe us when we say that you won’t be able to stop thinking about cinnamon toast waffles after you’ve had just one.
Table of Contents
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Waffles?
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter or margarine
- Waffle iron
- Cooking spray
To Make the Waffles:
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Whisk the milk, pancake mix, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg and melted butter or margarine, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Lightly grease your waffle iron with cooking spray (this helps prevent the waffles from sticking), and pour in about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions (they should be golden brown and crispy when done).
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
What is the Best Recipe to Make Cinnamon Toast Waffles?
There are a lot of different delicious recipes for cinnamon toast waffles that can be found online. But which one is the most suitable?
However, that depends entirely on the choices and preferences you choose for yourself. While some individuals enjoy the crunchiness of their waffles, others favor a more soft and pillowy texture. And, of course, some people want a combination of the two!
Regarding the taste, some individuals like to add a little bit of extra sweetness to their waffles by drizzling them with honey or maple syrup before eating them. Some people want to keep things straightforward by using little more than a dusting of sugar and cinnamon.
The dish you prepare and thoroughly enjoy eating is, in all honesty, the most fantastic recipe. Therefore, you should try several combinations of components until you discover the one that is just right for your palate. After that, take a break and savor the delectable dish you’ve made!
If you are looking for some ideas to get you started, here is a recipe that you may use:
Cinnamon Toast Waffles can be prepared in various ways; however, the recipe that calls for cinnamon sugar and butter is the one that we believe yields the most outstanding results.
To begin, you will need to prepare a batch of waffles by following your go-to recipe or utilizing a mix you purchased from the supermarket. Wait until they have cooled off to the point where you can handle them after they have been cooked.
The next step is to combine some cinnamon sugar in a separate, smaller bowl. You are free to use any proportion you wish, but we suggest using around one-fourth of a cup of sugar for every teaspoon of cinnamon.
The topping can now be prepared so we can get started on that. To begin, place some butter in a small pot and heat it over a low setting. After it has melted, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over it and swirl to incorporate the two ingredients.
Then, using a pastry brush or fingers, lavishly coat the top of each waffle with the buttery cinnamon sugar mixture. Be sure to get it into all of the crevices and tucked-away spots!
Finally, return the waffles to the toaster or place them under the broiler for an additional minute or two, just long enough for the topping to melt and bubble. As soon as possible, serve with syrup, and enjoy!
The Key Steps to Cinnamon Toast Waffles:
- Prepare your waffle maker by preheating it by the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Coat one side of each slice of bread with butter and set aside.
- Sift a substantial quantity of cinnamon sugar over the top of the butter.
- Position the bread pieces, the sugared side facing up, in the waffle iron when it has been warmed.
- Continue cooking the waffles until they have a golden brown color and a crisp texture. As soon as possible, serve with maple syrup or other toppings. Enjoy!
What to Serve With French Toast Waffles?
Since you are now familiar with making French toast waffles, you may be curious about what you should serve alongside them. There are a few distinct courses that might both meet and exceed your expectations.
If you’re searching for a tasty and original way to eat French toast, you should undoubtedly give French toast waffles a go. It doesn’t matter if you’re eating them for breakfast, lunch, or even dessert; they’re delicious no matter the time of day. The most pleasing thing is that they quickly adapt to one’s particular preferences and requirements.
The question now is, what do you serve alongside your waffles and French toast? Here are some concepts to consider:
- Maple syrup is a traditional topping for French toast, and it pairs particularly well with the sugary sweetness of waffles. Waffles are the perfect vehicle for this flavorful topping.
- For fruit, you can’t go wrong with either freshly picked berries or sliced bananas.
- Whipping cream is an indispensable component of any dessert.
- Chocolate sauce, since adding chocolate makes everything taste better.
- Caramel sauce is another time-honored topping that works wonderfully with French toast and waffles.
- Nuts: If you want your waffles to have a little crunch, add some chopped nuts or crushed peanuts.
- Cinnamon sugar: This is an easy method to add flavor to your waffles, but it is also an excellent way to do it.
- Powdered sugar: A little coating of powdered sugar is the ideal way to complete the presentation of these delicious sweets.
The conclusion is as follows: These are just a few suggestions for accompaniments that might go well with waffles and French toast. Put your culinary skills to the test and try out a variety of toppings to find the perfect combo for you. Bon appetit!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are cinnamon toast waffles healthy?
Let’s take a closer look at the nutrition facts. A typical cinnamon toast waffle has around 100 calories, 2 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of protein. So, are cinnamon toast waffles healthy? They’re not the wrong choice if you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast. However, healthier options are available if you’re concerned about your calorie intake or trying to eat a more nutritious diet.
Can I freeze leftover waffles?
Yes, you can freeze leftover waffles. Just place them in a freezer bag or container, and they’ll be suitable for up to two months. When ready to eat, reheat them in the toaster or microwave. Enjoy!
Can you microwave waffles?
Yes, you can microwave waffles! Just pop them in for a few seconds until they’re warm and toasty. Delicious!
Cinnamon toast waffles are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic breakfast dish. They can be made in various ways so that you can tailor them to your taste. Experiment with different toppings and fillings to find your perfect combination. Enjoy!